Monday, June 2, 2008

Where Have We Been???

It seems the Chief Blogger at Baby So Smart has been shirking her duties for quite some time; alright, that would be me. I'm here to explain briefly where I've been for the last several months.

My husband and I found out we were expecting another baby back in November, we were both very excited, as this little one was actually planned, unlike several of our others. Not that we weren't excited about them, too, it's just different when you are surprised (to say the least) by three kids in three years. This new little one was due to be born in July, but it wasn't to be. I had a miscarriage just a few weeks later, and honestly, it knocked me off my feet emotionally. I never thought I would be the one having a miscarriage, losing a longed-for baby, and I very unwillingly joined the ranks of those women who've gone before me in experiencing the death of a baby or child. And to make it even more difficult, only a few weeks after losing that little baby, I found out I was pregnant again, and nearly lost this one as well.

It's taken me the last 25 weeks to finally relax and be able to enjoy this new baby, a girl, due now in early September. I'm finally done worrying, I think, that something will go wrong with her as well. And I think I'm finally ready to start blogging again. And to all of you other women who have lost a child at any stage of their development, I'm so sorry for your loss.

No comments: